Sunday, March 19, 2006

Update: More on an inflationary universe.

Consigliere noted, as a response to my previous post regarding new evidence suggesting the veracity of inflationary theory, that the National Geographic article didn't go into detail as to how the microwave evidence supports the theories of people like Alan Guth. So I decided to take a look at NASA's site and see if I could find the original report. I managed to do so. If you would like to read what NASA has to say about what the WMAP results suggest about inflationary theory follow the link here (you'll need Adobe to read it).

As for what this paper actually says, you'll have to ask someone else. I know absolutely nothing about physics and very little about astronomy so much of what's written in the paper might as well be in Greek. I'll check some physics blogs and see if anyone there talks about this story.

-CK

UPDATE: Dynamics of Cats has a good post titled WMAP for Dummies.

11:13 PM | Home | Link | 1 Comments |

................................





No animals were intentionally harmed in the production of this blog