Sunday, April 02, 2006

A quick thought about current events....

There's a phenomenon that I really don't understand that I felt that I should comment on. In the past few years I've noticed that animal rights groups like PETA have turned to celebrities, the most air-headed celebrities at that, such as Paul McCartney, Avril Lavigne, Benji Madden, and Alec Baldwin, to push their positions.

I think this says something terrible about our society. We don't listen to ecologists, ethicists, or people who know something about the impacts of our actions. Instead, we listen to people with big boobies or symmetrical faces that barely know anything about their own "art" forms (I know some of you are going to argue that Paul McCartney is one of the greatest song writers of our era but you're just wrong) let alone anything about animal rights or the impacts of environmental policy.

Seriously, this is one of those things that makes me want to punch.

-CK

3:03 PM | Home | Link | 3 Comments |

................................





No animals were intentionally harmed in the production of this blog