Monday, April 03, 2006

The Tower of Babble Poetry Face-Off.

Today I had the misfortune of listening to the "National Annual Poetry Face-Off" on CBC radio. The only thing that was remarkable about the poets on the show was how utterly crappy they were. Then again, one couldn't really blame them, it's not their fault that they have no talent and that the theme (irrestibility) was stupider than that kid in your grade three class who wore the helmet and put glue in his pants (fuck I hated that kid).

So, I figured that instead of just bitching about it (which I guess I've just done) I would also do something about it. Namely hold my own poetry face off here but with a kick ass theme, rather than a lame ass one. Oh, I guess you'd like to know what that theme is: violence and/or profanity. To prove that we (you and I) are better than the talentless hacks on the CBC (at least when it comes to kick ass poetry), I challenge you to write a haiku (because that's the badest ass form of poetry; 5 syllables, 7 syllables, then 5 more syllables, that's almost Chuck Norriseque) that is about (or is full of) violence and/or (preferably and) profanity. Here's my entry.
I hate those fuckers.
Lame, pompous, no-talent hacks.
I want to punch them.

Now it's your turn bitches.

-CK

5:24 PM | Home | Link | 2 Comments |

................................





No animals were intentionally harmed in the production of this blog